This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information in connection with the Destination Greece TV service.
For questions specifically about this Privacy Statement, about exercising your rights or our use of your personal information, cookies, or similar technologies, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you may provide to us: We collect information you may provide to us which includes:
- your name, email address, telephone number, and other identifiers you might use. We collect this information when you interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about your use of our service, as well as information regarding the devices you might use to access our service (such as computers, smart TVs and mobile devices). This information includes:
- your activity on the Destination Greece TV service, such as title selections, shows you have watched, search queries;
- resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers), such as those on mobile devices, and tablets that include such identifiers (see the “Cookies and Internet Advertising” section below for more information);
- device and software characteristics, connection information including type (wifi, cellular), statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts. For example, we use such information to:
- determine your general geographic location;
- secure our systems, prevent fraud;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and to enforce our terms;
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences and service performance) and optimize content selection;
These communications may be by various methods, such as email, push notifications, text message, online messaging channels, and matched identifier communications (described below).
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect and use it. We will normally collect personal information from you where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example, to provide our services to you), where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (for example, our direct marketing activities in accordance with your preferences), or where we have your consent to do so (for example, for you to participate in certain consumer insights activities like specific surveys and focus groups). In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example, to prevent payment fraud or confirm your identity).
Disclosure of Information
We don’t disclose your information to third parties.
Your Information and Rights
If you have a question regarding our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office at email@example.com. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Retention of information: All information retention is ephemeral. We do not retain information for long periods of time.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
Cookies and Internet Advertising
Cookies & Resettable identifiers
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. We use other technologies such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, these other technologies may store small amounts of data on your device.
If you use the Destination Greece TV app on a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media device, we may collect a resettable device identifier from your device. Resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers) are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (for example, the “Identifier for Advertisers” (or IDFA) on Apple iOS devices and the “Google Advertising ID” on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices.
Why does Destination Greece TV use these technologies?
We use these types of technologies for various reasons, like making it easy to access our services by remembering you when you return; to provide, analyze, understand and enhance the use of our services; to enforce our terms, prevent fraud; to improve site performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site; and to deliver and tailor our marketing or advertising, and to understand interactions with our emails, marketing, and online ads on third party sites.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies help us to customize and enhance your online experience with Destination Greece TV. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of the Destination Greece TV service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising cookies and resettable device identifiers: These cookies and resettable device identifiers use information about your use of this and other websites and apps, your response to ads and emails, and to deliver ads that are more relevant to you and for analytics and optimization purposes. These types of ads are called “interest-based advertising.” The advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
In connection with our use of these technologies, some of the websites and apps where we advertise, as well as advertising technology companies that we use to purchase, deliver, optimize, and/or measure our advertisements (collectively “Advertising Partners”), may receive limited information from us as part of our campaign targeting, measurement, and optimization (e.g., steps completed in sign-up and site visit or app open/install information).
Common uses of this type of information are to judge the effectiveness of and optimize ad campaigns, by allowing Advertising Partners to see when someone who saw an ad later signed up for our service. Another common use is to make sure we do not serve ads trying to get individuals to sign up for the Destination Greece TV service if they are already a Destination Greece TV user.
Destination Greece TV uses contractual and technical measures designed to prevent Advertising Partners from accessing information regarding specific title selections you make, URLs you land on, or shows you have watched on our service. We do not share information about title selections or your shows you have watched on our service.
How can I exercise choice regarding these technologies?
To exercise choice regarding cookies
For more information about cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking (including the collection of information by third parties about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services for online interest based advertising), and to exercise choices regarding them, click here. At this time, we do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals.
To exercise choice regarding resettable device identifiers
To opt out of interest-based ads from Destination Greece TV in connection with a resettable device identifier on a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media devices, please configure the appropriate setting on your device (usually found under “privacy” or “ads” in your device’s settings). You may still see Destination Greece TV ads on your device, but they will not be tailored to your likely interests.
To exercise choice using self-regulatory program resources
Destination Greece TV supports the following self-regulatory programs, which provide additional privacy choices for interest-based advertising:
To exercise choice regarding other technologies
There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more.
Last Updated: 12/10/2022